Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh, Hi Again.

I couldn't stay away too long. I'm back to the blog-o-sphere, this time following another passion of mine, music. I love going to shows, discovering new tunes and falling hopelessly in love with musicians from a distance. I used to write music reviews for The Examiner. I stopped because their awful layout made me dizzy and all their required steps for posting an article or review showed just how little they cared for a writer's precious time. I know, this was heartbreaking, and a lot of my friends were inquiring why I had stopped. Fear not, dears, it's all happening!

I have not stopped going to shows.  Since I left you, I've been averaging 1 per month, 2 if I'm lucky. With the start of concert season approaching and a gentle nudge (last night) from one of my friends/show-goers, I am excited to share my musical adventures, once again. I'll recap a couple that I went to over the winter because I have some time to spare before my next show and go from there.

Like I said over at The Examiner, my dream is to be in a band, and until that dream comes true (which is on the horizon, guitar lessons in motion) I will write about bands. I am in no way credible to write reviews, but I don't care I do what I want. I also like to pretend I work for Rolling Stone, like William Miller from Almost Famous. One day.

I live in New York, around the Capital Region. Most of the shows I attend are at Northern Lights in Clifton Park, Saratoga Performing Arts Center, and Jillian's of Albany. Other venues in and around the area include The Palace Theater in Albany, Caffe Lena in Saratoga, and Proctor's in Schenectady. I do leave the Capital Region bubble quite often for shows worth my while, and I am lucky to have friends in NYC where some of the bigger name musicians often play.  I listen to 102.7 WEQX The Real Alternative, a lot. Also, as of recent, Exit 97.7. Both indi-radio stations around the Capital Region.

Let's make some music, yo.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.” - Almost Famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment