Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Naked and Famous - November 2011

In efforts to support their debut album, Passive Me, Aggressive You, The Naked and Famous stopped off at Jillian's of Albany first, on their US tour! Lucky us.

Again, I poorly researched the band before hand, but after first hearing, "Young Blood," a catchy/poppy/dance tune, I wanted to see what else they had to offer. I fell for "Young Blood," because the tune made me happy on the inside, aw. It's vibrant and also the lyrics resonated with me, and probably with most young adults, although I don't mean to speak for the demographic. Check them out.

They are an indie-rock band from New Zealand. Their songs have and electric-pop vibe that people eat up.
I saw the show before their single, "Punching In A Dream," hit the radio, which I also dig. The most recent song to be heard is, "Girls Like You," which has a totally different effect than the first two songs I mentioned and is more soul-heartbreak. I dig.

The show was late November and I hate to say but I was disappointed. The sound wasn't too great. I was in the back, because it was packed, which is always a nice sign. The instrumentals rocked it, but I didn't love Alisa, lead vocals.  Maybe it was Jillian's, maybe I was still jet-lag from my trip to Iceland or still hungover from all the turkey I ate on Thanksgiving, who knows? I don't remember leaving with that buzz/high that I usually get from a particularly amazing show. Ya know, that smile that grows bigger on the car ride home when you're listening to their tunes on your iPod so you can relive the experience over and over? It didn't really happen. But I do not want to discount their talent, I listen to the album frequently, and put their tunes on my playlists for my yoga classes. Maybe I'll catch them again, when I'm on the beach in Auckland, and it will be life changing...or maybe I won't.

'Trying to find the in-between,
Fall back in love eventually'

No comments:

Post a Comment