Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Everclear - January 2012.

This show was pretty hilarious. I went on a whim with my homegirl, Meach. Everclear was on constant repeat on roadtrips in college and at 962 Madison Ave. We tried to get all the UA gals together to bring back fond memories, but alas, children, work and other "adult" responsibilities took precedence for them. Luckily, Meach and I are responsibility-free so we got to see old-man, Art Alexakis rock out.

This band was originally formed in 1992...20 years ago, woof. While band members have come and gone, Alexakis stayed true to the music he loved so dearly. His songs were clear signs of a musician releasing his past angst and emotional baggage onto a sheet of paper. The lyrics to the catchy tunes I sang so loudly are about his past drug use problems and also his family issues.

They played songs from all their albums. My favorite songs back in the day were "Volvo Driving Soccer Mom," "Santa Monica," and "I Will Buy You a New Life." He played them all.

I wish I could say that it felt like I traveled back in time and was listening to a band that still maintained their passion to perform, but it definitely seemed like Alexakis would rather have been 79,865 other places that in that strip-mall venue, that is Northern Lights.

I'm not sorry for the brevity of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment