Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dirty Heads - October 2011.

http://bikramchallenge2011.blogspot.com/2011/10/yoga-and-love.html

Above is a link to a little ditty about the Dirty Heads after I attended their show at Northern Lights. I made it to this show at the tail-end of my 30 day Bikram Yoga Challenge so I was feeling high from all the Pranyama and stoked that the challenge was almost ending, all factors that contributed to a great show. I went with my girl, Meach, who is another concert warrior with me.

The Dirty Heads were supposed to open for them, but cancelling at the last minute left us hanging around Northern Lights listening to up and coming stars from the area. I can't recall their name, as they didn't leave a lasting impression.

The DH's busted onto stage with their So-Cal/Surfer Bro energy and despite how laid back (read: high) they are on the reg, it didn't come across on stage. Their reggae-like and Sublime inspired tunes made that brisk October night feel like we were living the island life. Highlight of the show was Duddy B's hilarious, yet honest, performance of 'Crazy Girls.' You Tube it, you'll laugh, I promise.

Their dirty hair and melodic beats brought me right back to Summer 2010 when I first heard "Lay Me Down." I immediately salivated for a Bud Light Lime and a bikini. They covered a Coldplay song too, which was rad but unnecessary, I forget which one however...sorry recounting 6 months ago is super hard, apparently? They are genuinely great musicians which was a plus, their live show lived up to my hopefuly expectations.

I forget how long they played for but I don't remember being pissed about the length. I like the most music-bang for my buck, ya dig? I immediately started following Duddy B on Twitter and found some hilarious YouTube clips from their tour. Then I started to get a bit turned off when I saw just how much weed they smoke. I mean, I get it..."it brings out creativity...” blah, really?  Now that I'm processing it, I think I'm just envious of their roadie lifestyle and general lack of responsibility, yet their still on the radio. Hm?



No comments:

Post a Comment