Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Matt and Kim - February 11th 2013

Last night Matt and Kim opened for Passion Pit at the RPI Field House in Troy, NY. While Amber's pledge did wonders for creating an epic dance party for Passion Pit, I'm just going to share the deets on M&K, since I already reviewed Passion Pit, last April.

I don't mean to brag or anything, but Matt and Kim fucking LOVE Upstate NY. Their generous affection of how bad ass of a crowd we were last night was welcomed. They praised us for their past visits to the CapReg and how we always get our groove on for them when they perform. This was their 5th show in 2013 and they claimed it was the most energized yet!

RPI Field House holds RPI's hockey games so you can imagine the size. The ice rink, turned floor, was packed with intelligent, poly-tech, hipsters that were totally getting weird on a Monday night. It was awesome. The surrounding bleacher seats were full too, but with the more tame type of folk. I obviously was on the floor, pretending to be a college kid. I was most definitely one of the oldest chicks there, but whatever, when in Rome at an EQX show.

Matt & Kim, were on point. They are WAY better live, in my opinion. I dig all their tunes, but listening to them on my pod or in the car is a totally different experience after seeing them in the flesh. First off, Kim is this hot, little peanut with Michelle Obama arms from her bad assery on the the drums. She can 'shake dat ass,' so well that I am pretty sure when Nate Dogg and Eminem joined forces they wrote that song about her! Kim's energy was infectious and she just seemed so happy. What a goddess.

Matt's stage presence was genuine and not only was his delight to be on stage apparent, he was brilliant on those synthy keyboards. Hailing from Brooklyn, Matt definitely did not burn his tongue on his pizza because he ate it before it was cool...MATT IS COOL. (#hipsterjoke #brooklyn. #hadto) But seriously, he is, and the two of them together make for a insanely, talented pair. It was an amplified experience full of crowd surfing, loud singing and an Alice DeeJay throw back, "Better Off Alone," that I got down to, hard. Amazing.

I don't have cable, or a TV that allows me to watch music videos, but I'll be spending my evening tonight scouring YouTube to check out any magical creations they have mastered. Matt and Kim were sure to thank EQX for being one of the first stations to play their beats and I'm thanking them for always putting on such great shows.

I have a picture on my Instagram account of Kim literally walking on the crowd. Username: LinnieP. Check it.

Oh also, this happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment