Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Cold War Kids - July 2013

This review will be short and sweet, just like The Cold War Kid's performance in Albany on July 11th, 2013.

Three so called 'kids,' graced the capital region with their brilliant, musical talents for about 40 minutes, playing mostly songs from their newest album, Dear Miss Lonelyhearts. This set was softer than what you typically may hear from a show or on the radio, and not just because of the acoustic nature, but because of how chill their demeanor's were. I anticipated rocking my face off, but instead I was caught off guard by how entranced I was. Their engagement with the crowd wasn't even that worthy, but their presence was captivating.

I started listening to these kids back in the day when Robbers & Cowards was released and my favorite song to this day is still, "Hang Me Out to Dry." They didn't play it but I was still thankful to get the invite to this private showing. It was a blip on the band's radar but something EQX Land will always remember.

A little punk and a lotta soul is what keeps the fans happy. Nathan, Matt and Jonnie were in the zone and brought down The Hollow Bar and Kitchen on Pearl Street that evening.

Thanks EQX and Cold War Kids for visiting to ensure that our city stay cool as ice this summer. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment