Friday, May 4, 2012

Adam "MCA" Yauch

I haven't seen a smile that pretty in a while.


On May 4th, 2012, ending his long battle with cancer, MCA passed away.  Punky swagger with rock riffs this dude was part of one of the most epic revolutions in music history, bringing that illness to the suburbs of America. Licensed to Ill sold almost 10 million copies back in '86/'87 and still remains one of my most favorite albums. Granted I was only 2 at the time of the release but when I first heard it in 8th grade things got real. I remember my 10th grade boyfriend quoting/rapping 'Paul Revere' and listening to them after school when my parents weren't home.

The Beastie Boys were just inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year and performed without MCA. What timing. I never got to see them live, but MCA will always have a small piece of my heart. <3

Rest peacfully, free tibet and keep it real, dude. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment